Our Brand Ambassadors are an intrinsic part of the graduate recruitment campaign and work closely with the graduate recruitment team to build the firm’s brand presence on campus. If you are an active member of the student community and are passionate about pursuing a career in law, this is an excellent opportunity to get an in-depth insight into the world’s largest law firm.
We are looking for sixteen Brand Ambassadors to work across the following universities:
- King’s College London
- Queen Mary
What will the role involve?
You will be required to work two weeks in your first and two weeks in your second term, for a minimum of five hours each week. The specific weeks will be confirmed with the graduate recruitment team before the academic year begins and will be scheduled to fit the academic timetable at your university. This role will see you involved in a variety of tasks with the aim of promoting the Dentons brand on campus:
- Generating interest in Dentons news and events by working closely with the careers service, faculties, colleges and student societies on campus.
- Promoting the Dentons’ vacation schemes and training contract opportunities throughout the academic year.
- Strategically distributing promotional items and literature on campus.
- Using a variety of social media sites to promote Dentons’ graduate opportunities.
- Running one in depth focus group with a group of students from your campus, with the aim of collating feedback on effective ways to engage with students and ideas around ways to improve our presence on campus going forward.
- Monitoring the Dentons profile on campus and providing feedback on our profile to the graduate recruitment team throughout the academic year.
- Providing a detailed and comprehensive report at the end of your second term. The report will cover the current perception of our brand, activities our competitors are engaging in on campus and an evaluation of your work as a Brand Ambassador.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about pursuing a career in commercial law. We are looking for current first year Law students who are available to work in their second year of university and penultimate Non-Law students who are available to work in their final year.
- To have achieved ABB/320 UCAS points or equivalent across three A Levels.
- To be on track for a 2:1 or 1st.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to network confidently within the student community.
- Innovative and creative ideas to help with brand promotion.
- Professional work ethic and manner.
- Strong organisational skills and reliability. As a Brand Ambassador you will gain invaluable experience in marketing, advertising and networking, whilst establishing a strong professional network of contacts within the legal industry.
What will you get?
As a Brand Ambassador you will gain invaluable experience in marketing, advertising and networking, whilst establishing a strong professional network of contacts within the legal industry.
You will receive a payment of £500 for your work in two equal instalments. You will also take part in a full day’s training at the Firm’s London office and will be invited to attend a thank you lunch at the end of the academic year.
Please send your CV and a 500-word covering letter to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should include:
- What interests you about commercial law?
- What interests you about Dentons?
- What extracurricular activities, societies and hobbies are you involved with at university?
The deadline for applications is Friday 20 April.
If you demonstrate the skills we are looking for in your CV and covering letter, you will be asked to complete an online critical thinking appraisal and a short video assessment.