Our Edmonton students tell us repeatedly that they chose Dentons primarily because of our people. The culture is spirited and collegial, offering a healthy balance between our personal and professional lives. While students come for the opportunity to work alongside some of Canada’s most experienced lawyers in the challenging environment of business law, they are also attracted to the flexible and diverse programs available.
Our interview process provides an ideal opportunity for us to learn more about each other. Although academic achievement is an important selection criterion, it is not the only one we consider. Your community involvement, personal achievements and, yes, individual personality, also help us through the selection process.
Articling Positions 2019/2020 and 2020/2021
All articling positions have been filled. Typically we fill our articling student positions by hiring back our summer students.
1L Summer 2020
Recruiting dates to be announced in the Fall 2019.
2L Summer 2020
Our application deadline for Canadian students is Wednesday, September 4, 2019, unless your university has set an earlier date as indicated below:
- Dalhousie University – Monday, August 19, 2019
- Ontario Universities and McGill – Monday, August 19, 2019
- Thompson Rivers University – Wednesday, August 21, 2019
- University of Victoria – Monday, August 19, 2019
- University of British Columbia – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- University of Manitoba – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- University of Alberta – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- University of Saskatchewan – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
- University of Calgary – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Outside of Canada – Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Interested applicants should forward copies of their resumes, undergraduate transcripts and available law school transcripts to the portal, to the attention of Suzanne Thomas.
Only applications submitted through the ViLawPortal will be accepted. https://recruitcdn.viglobalcloud.com/
The portal opens to 2L students on Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
Edmonton will be participating in the OCI’s at the University of Alberta on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019. Interviews will be set in accordance with the University of Alberta’s OCI schedule.
Dentons Canada LLP is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us if you have any particular accommodation requirements. We will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.