The Toronto office only participates in the 1L Summer Student and Articling Recruitment processes. We do not participate in the Law Society of Ontario’s regulated 2L Recruitment process or otherwise recruit 2L students. As such, the 1L Summer Student Program is the signature early-year entry pathway to a summer position in our Toronto office, which is complemented by the additional opportunity to join the firm through the articling program at a later stage.
If you are interested in applying for a 1L or Articling student position please carefully review the below information on how to apply.
Applications will only be accepted on ViPortal addressed to Jen Quito, Director of Talent, Recruitment and Student Development. Applications received via email or social media sites like LinkedIn will not be reviewed, as we are exclusively using ViPortal as our recruitment tool.
We request that candidates submit only the following documents, in the following order:
- Cover letter ( one  page maximum, font size 11 or larger, with normal page margins)
- Curriculum Vitae (two  page maximum)
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate studies
- A list of upper-year (second and third year of law school) courses that you intend to take
- Optional: a maximum of two (2)reference letters. These letters are not mandatory. Please ensure the referee submits the letter to you for upload to ViPortal, instead of being sent separately by email.
We will not be in a position to accept or review any additional documentation. Internationally trained candidates may choose to advise of their NCA status in their cover letter or curriculum vitae, and if available, submit any equivalency documentation in conjunction with transcripts.
If you are interested in learning more about our office in advance of the 1L recruit, please join us for a virtual Open House on Friday January 19th from 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET. Register here
If there is any further information we can provide, or questions you need answered, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. If you have any questions regarding policies, procedures or timing of the recruit, please review the Law Society of Ontario’s 2024 First Year Summer Student Recruitment Procedures.