Diversity and Inclusion is about building a culture where we all respect, support and learn from our collective skills, talents and differences. As a global law firm we are, by our very nature, a diverse community. Building on this, it is important that we reflect the environment in which we live and work. Essential to our success is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds.
At Dentons, having a supportive environment is key and we foster this in a number of ways:
We encourage internal network groups to help enable our staff to fulfil their potential.
- Our Inspire network group aims to recognise and promote female talent within the Firm and support women to achieve their potential.
- Our LGBT network group, GLOW, provides a supportive, visible environment for LGBT staff and partners, as well as promoting a greater sense of understanding of LGBT issues among non LGBT-colleagues.
- Our Asian Professionals network group and our Black Professionals network group support and mentor Asian and Black lawyers and other professionals at Dentons, raise awareness and helps recruit diverse talent to the firm.
Everyone is welcome to join our network groups and we encourage all partners and staff to get involved, be an Ally, and support colleagues at Dentons. We are proud to be in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers in the UK, and GLOW was named as a Top 10 network group at the LGBT awards.
Disability, Health and Wellbeing
- We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact Jo Wilson at +44 20 7320 6766 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our CEO, Jeremy Cohen, signed an employer pledge on behalf of the Firm with Time to Change, a campaign led by charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, in support of people facing mental health problems. By signing up to this pledge, we are committing to change the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace.
- We have fully trained Mental Health First Aiders in all our UK offices to enable them to understand mental health, spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues and guide a person in distress to further support and recovery.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion values are reflected in our recruitment process: we think it is important that the legal profession is accessible to all, regardless of background.
- Many of the organisations that we support help to do this. These include Aspiring Solicitors, PRIME and the Social Mobility Business Partnership, which provide access to the profession to under-represented groups, and Enabling Enterprise and Worktree (Milton Keynes), which prepare young people for the world of work.
Supporting working families
- We have internal ‘return to work’ mentors across all areas of the business to support those returning to work after extended leave. Our mentors are there to help make the transition back to the workplace as smooth as possible.
- Dentons has corporate membership of the Cityparents network which assists professionals who have a shared interest in balancing family life with a career. All staff have free access to their events.
- We partner with My Family Care to provide our staff with a range of resources, help and support.